35 Interesting Facts About Travel And Destinations. No 25 Will Surprise You
- Travel can help improve your problem-solving skills.
- One out of eight jobs in the U.S. depends on travel and tourism.
- Taking a vacation can lower your risk of heart disease.
- Studies show that money spent on travel makes you happier than money spent on material goods.
- Benefits of travel are almost immediate. After only a day or two, 89% of people experience significant drops in stress.
- Travel has been shown to help aid those suffering from depression.
- And travel has been shown to promote overall brain health.
- Couples who travel together have reported increased feelings of intimacy.
Horseshoe Bend Arizona America National Park
- The U.S. is the only developed country in the world without a single legally required paid vacation day or holiday.
- Austrian citizens are said to have the most vacation time of any country. Austria guarantees workers a legal minimum of 22 paid vacation days and 13 paid holidays each year.
- Travel can make you more creative.
- Travel can also make you smarter.
Plouzane France Lighthouse Landmark Sea Ocean
- France is the most visited country in the world.
- And the most visited city in the world, as of 2013 data, is Bangkok.
- Honolulu is the only place in the U.S. that has a royal palace.
- France covers the most time zones. (12)
- Russia produces the most oxygen in the world.
- With more than 3 million lakes, Canada has the most lakes in the world.
- Mongolia is the least densely populated place in the world. There are four people per square mile.
- Niger has the youngest population of any country.
- And India is the most diverse country in the world.
- Monaco is smaller than Central Park in New York City.
- Papa New Guinea has the largest number of languages spoken.
- Canada has the most educated population in the world, with 50% of the population being educated at the post-secondary level.
Oasis Libya Lake
- 99% of Libya is a desert.
- The U.S. has the largest number of citizens behind bars.
- Hartsfield-Jackson Airport in Atlanta is the world's busiest airport.
- There are 61,000 people in the air over the U.S. at any given time on any given day.
- That's probably because 1/3 of the world's airports are located in the U.S.
- The San Alfonso del Mar resort in Chile has the world's largest swimming pool. It holds 66 million gallons.
- Las Vegas, Nevada has the most hotel rooms of any city in the world.
- The shortest airline flight available for purchase lasts two minutes and runs from the Scottish island of Westray to Papa Westray.
- And the longest flight in the world is from Sydney to Dallas. It lasts around 16 hours and covers approximately 8,500 miles.
- The largest hotel in the world is the Izmailovo Hotel in Russia. It could accommodate over 7,500 guests.
- The most expensive hotel room in the world costs $83,200 a night at the Royal Penthouse Suite in Geneva at Hotel President Wilson.
Please Comment Below